Universal - Porous Mini Coder Printing the same information on your cartons but need an alternative solutions to the expensive ink jet systems?
Universal offers a breakthrough in non-porous coding technology. Unmatched in quality and performance, their patented Non-Porous Inking System design completely eliminates the problems associated with the use of fast drying inks on non-porous materials like plastics, metal, rubber, glass, varnished and waxed cartons, etc.
The inking system on these coders is completely enclosed to prevent solvent evaporation and unlike flexographic systems, there is no open well of ink. Remarkably, no maintenance is required during or at the end of each production shift which makes these printers the most trouble free on the market.
In operation, a pre-inked roll in the inking system housing applies ink to a finely engraved anilox roll which then meters a thin film of ink to the face of the printing dies. When the ink capacity of the roll is depleted, the roll can be re-inked automatically during production by installing one of our disposable 4 oz. Reservoir Ink Cartridges.
- Sealed ball bearings for smooth print drum rotation.
- Precision ground stainless steel mounting columns for corrosion resistance and ease of adjustment.
- Re-inkable Microcell rollers that last up to one year with daily use.
- Mount on the left or right side of conveyor line without conversion.
- Reservoir inking system applies ink to roll on demand, not a gravity fed system.